Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day #732 - Very Wet

This morning Doc had the van serviced for the noises it was making. The mechanics couldn’t find any problems. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Today repair work finally began on the Duarte townhouse flood damage. Doc checked in there to give instructions for the electrical work.

I spent the morning working on kitchen cabinetry, exterior lighting and other things. At one point I got an email from our loan officer saying Doc needed to pay off on four outstanding Property Liens! I FIRMLY told the officer to note the middle initial and mailing address of the Mike Shelton whose liens they had discovered. Not MY guy! (I take care of Doc’s bills).

It was so wet and yucky out today. It took me three hours to muster up the willpower to forge outside. Finally I went to the office supply place to run some copies. I begged the Penny Angels to deliver a coin there so that I would not need to go anywhere else. Finally just as I was leaving, I spotted a penny in the guck behind one of the copy machines. (Coin #1).

My next stop was the lighting store to choose and price out the exterior light fixtures. (34 of them). We must comply with Title 24 Energy requirements. That raises the prices on each fixture considerably. I chose the less expensive ones. The total cost was more than twice my allotted budget! Eeks! I would shop yard sales and used construction places except that we are required to use the new energy fixtures and they are not yet to be found on the used market!

Doc spent the afternoon and evening once again working on the baby dresser with Stephen. “MizDonalds” provided a snack, one penny, one dime, and one quarter (Coins #2-4) Later, Jack-in-the-Box provided dinner and a dime for him. (Coin #5)

Hoping the Penny Angels will illuminate some less expensive luminaries for us.

Total: 5 Coins P (2), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.47

No comments: