Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day #814 - First Houseguest

Doc and I had planned a special afternoon with our friend Lita. It was something which came up unexpectedly a few days ago and things just “clicked” into place for a wonderful day today.

Doc figured we would not find coins during our ‘date’ time, so he “negotiated” with me and we made a quick morning run to Starbucks. Doc went through the drive up window for his coffee, a nickel, a dime and a quarter! (Coins #1-3). I walked the gas station and fast food nearby - no coins!

I could not go home without a coin. We just needed one little penny to complete the “Hit for the Cycle”. We stopped at another gas station / convenience store. No coins spotted initially, but upon my departure, I collected one lonely penny. Meanwhile Doc and Sparky found a penny in the parking lot. (Coins #4&5)

***************

We met Lita at 1 PM and went to a performance at the Lewis Family Playhouse which is in the city where we are constructing the new house. Doc and I had been wanting to explore that facility, so today was the perfect opportunity to do so. We enjoyed the hilarious play, “The Man Who Came to Dinner”. Then Lita and I ditched Doc.

Doc went for dinner at Carl’s Jr. and collected a dime. (Coin #6). Lita and I went for dinner elsewhere, then out to the lot to show her the ‘house’. Our first official “houseguest” at the Penny Palace.

Total: 6 Coins P (2), N (1), D (2), Q (1) = $0.52

2 comments:

Chaz DeSimone said...

Tina, I was expecting the "first houseguest" to be a trespassing squirrel or something.

Anonymous said...

I was going to complain about the spaces around the slash:

gas station / convenience store

but if JR can give up penny-finding for Lent maybe I can give up being picky.