Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day #824 - Just One

Most of today was spent editing a report for The Dog Rescuers. I may not be able to rescue animals and physically transport them to new homes, but perhaps I can help indirectly. If I can save “Just One” homeless doggie, it will make this effort worthwhile.

Thought: What causes do you support? What types of assistance can you provide?

***************

This afternoon Doc headed for the construction site. The temporary power pole was finally connected today. Formwork from the previous pour was being removed and new formwork was being erected for the next concrete pour.

Several people have said they like seeing the videos, so Doc took some today. I told him to keep the clips within 5-10 seconds long.

***************

At 3:30 PM I realized it was time to get out of pajamas and take a break from the report editing. I headed out for an hour. I was nudged to stop at a car wash which was closed due to the rain today. I searched the gas pumping area, but found nothing. Then I searched the planters by the waiting area. I found three dirt pennies and had just spied another three coins when I was stopped and questioned by the attendant on duty. I smiled and gave her a Penny Card. Told her I was looking for material for today’s Penny Tale. She didn’t look totally convinced, but said she would look at the website tonight.

I proceeded to collect those three coins - and then spotted a few more. That seems to happen so frequently after “sharing” the story. I walked away and counted 11 coins in my hand! I was surprised. I said, “OK Penny Angels. ‘Just One More’ to make it a Coin Mine”. And within a few seconds, there was a penny! (Coin #12). Thank You! Then I passed some other planters on the way back to my truck and found three more pennies. (Coins #13-15).

***************

This evening I am back to working on the report. Stomach says “dinner time”. Head says, “Just One More” paragraph…. (it is now after 11 pm).

Total: 15 Coins P (12), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.57

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Okay miss Pennyfinder... time for some videos of you finding a penny! And, can you please tell us what we're looking at... commentate a little!!! Hee hee, I am so pushing you outside of your comfort zone! No arguing!!!