Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, March 14, 2011

Day #815 - Angel Antics

This morning I had just two places to go: to get blueprints made and to the bank. I figured I was not likely to find coins at either one, so when I spotted an empty Carl’s Jr. window, I couldn’t resist walking through. I didn’t find any coins. The cashier noticed my searching and asked if I was looking for something. I shared Penny Finding and gave her a Penny Card. Shared smiles. It was only a few feet back to Pippy, my pickup, and on the way I found a nickel! (Coin #1) Ran back and knocked on the window to share the joy with the cahier. Smiles and silliness. Once again a coin manifesting while (or shortly after) sharing the story with someone.

There were no customers at the bank when I entered. I did a brief search around the room, then stopped to fill out my deposit slip. As I approached the teller counter, there was a shiny penny in my path! I held it up and announced it to the six employees throughout the bank. They all smiled. Then I took a few steps and there was another penny! God’s 2¢ worth. Mushroom coins. (Coins #2&3) We all laughed at the Angel Antics.

Meanwhile, Doc went for a car wash and collected a median penny on his way home. (Coin #4).

***************

There were various people at the construction site today. There were the five guys forming the foundation walls, the electrician, Daryl, and then we met with the gas company representative at 2 PM. The photos show the pipes for the main electrical supply, then Doc saying, “and the dirt needs to be filled to approximately chest height. Wow that’s a lot of dirt”.

***************

We had time before our 5 PM meeting, so we stopped at Target for a few household supplies - and 5 pennies. (Coins #5-9).

We still had 30 minutes before our meeting so we went Penny Finding. Collected a penny, nickel and quarter at a del Taco drive thru. (Coins #10-12). Then three pennies around the walkways of the shopping center (Coins #13-15). Doc said, “We just need a dime now”.

Our meeting with Derek was fun and we really liked the guy. Ended up telling him about Penny Finding. He seemed like he enjoyed the story. We needed copies of some pages so walked with him to the grocery store where Doc collected the requested dime! (Coin #16). Then as we were walking back to our vehicles I was telling Derek more penny finding stories and Doc noted that I was walking right over a penny! (Coin #17) Angel Antics! How fun. Then as we began to move the car, there was another penny to collect and show Derek. (Coin #18). I think we made a believer out of him!

Johnny’s Burgers on the way home for dinner and one penny. (Coin #19).


Total: 19 Coins P (15), N (2), D (1), Q (1) = $0.60

Three consecutive days of “Hit for the Cycle”!

No comments: