Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day #834 - Nudgings

Spent the morning working around the house. Decided to take some things (like fluorescent lights bulbs) over to the Household Hazardous Waste Station. Before going, I had a brain wrestling match. The “nudging” said, “Take a shower and change clothes to go”. My brain argued, “Why? I’m just going to dump this stuff. It’s not like I’m going to meet with anyone”.

There were a few minutes of wresting before I gave in and took a shower. As I was getting dressed, there was the nudging, “Put on the Penny Pendant”. I argued, “No. I want a day off. I do not want to be the Penny Lady today”. I argued several times, but put on the penny.

On the way to the HHW station I was feeling really grumpy and out of sorts. Just a bad attitude. I made a quick stop to check information for some upcoming workshops. There were three customers in the store. I recognized one of them from a previous workshop. She exclaimed, "Hi Tina! Wow! I’m glad to see you again. Since meeting you, I’ve told several people about you. I have one friend with me here and would like to introduce you.” She introduced us. Hugs were exchanged. (Glad for that shower nudging)! Then she said, “Look! Tina’s wearing the Penny Pendant”. I guess that is why I was “nudged” to put it on today. That encounter definitely provided a much-needed Attitude Adjustment.

***************

The drop off at the HHW was quick and easy. Went to Lowe’s and then a janitorial supply store to investigate housekeeping carts. (They are mobile as well as cheaper than built-in cabinets for the new laundry room). No coins. So before going home I stopped at a 7-11 convenience store. I saw coins under the counter, so bought a piece of cheese as an excuse to approach the register. Gobbled up all the coins I could and headed out to Pippy before opening my hand. One nickel, two dimes and six pennies. (Coins #1-9). Time to go home.

***************

Meanwhile Doc went out for some walking coin finding. He searched the high school parking lot and tennis courts. He collected five pennies, two nickels and two dimes. He was disappointed not to have a quarter to complete his Hit for the Cycle. So he asked the Penny Angels for a quarter. He was “nudged” to explore under the bleachers. He said he searched almost nearly the whole area and said, “I know it will be at the end of these bleachers”. Sure enough, he found his quarter there in the dirt. As well as another penny. (Coins #10-20)

Total: 20 Coins P (12), N (3), D (4), Q (1) = $0.92

No comments: