Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day #839 - Pairs

The weather provided some interesting symbolism this morning. I walked out our front door and realized it was slightly cloudy outside. No rain at our current house, just a little chilly. So I went back in for a coat. As I drove toward the new house, the clouds got darker and a light rain began. As I drove past the lot where we originally planned to build (until things changed radically), the rain became very heavy. I was expecting the rain to get heavier and heavier as the elevation increased. Not the case. The rain was only heavy as I drove past the “old” lot. As I exited the freeway for the new lot, the sun was incredibly bright and intense. It felt very much like this “new” project versus the “old” project -- this time things are BRIGHTER!

***************

The City Inspector arrived a few minutes before 9 AM. I think it took him longer to walk from his truck over to the ground markings than it did for him to inspect. He also looked at the rebar and preparations for the two garage slabs. He asked for the Permit Card so he could sign it. Guess what? We don’t get the Permit Card until we get the permit - which is AFTER he inspects! Chicken or the egg situation.

The concrete crew was preparing the garage areas - putting down the plastic and sand fill.

Grader Craig dug the hole for the septic tank - delivery scheduled for 7 AM tomorrow.

***************

Late this afternoon I met with a countertop fabricator. What I want is not “typical”. I’m beginning to think Doc and I will need to do the kitchen counter ourselves. I ended up telling the shop owner about Penny Tales just as I was leaving. A few moments later I stopped at a convenience store for lunch (a banana). Found a penny at the gas pumps and dime inside. (Pair #1)

Before getting home, I stopped in a parking lot to write up some notes. Found a nickel with a penny right next to it. (Pair #2)

***************

Doc was at school all day. He came home very excited because he gave a private 1.5 hour tour to a potential student and family. Doc recruited the Father.

Doc found a dime under the vending machines as he was leaving class and returning to his office. He claimed a penny at McDonalds on his way home. (Pair #3)

Thought: Since we are building “Tina’s Ark”, it’s appropriate to have the coins arriving in pairs!

Total: 6 Coins P (3), N (1), D (2), Q (0) = $0.28

No comments: