Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, April 22, 2011

Day #854 - Take Five

This morning after visiting the construction site, Doc stopped for lunch at Chick-fil-A. He got a burger, I collected two pennies, a dime, and FIVE quarters! That is very unusual. (Coins #1-8). We just needed a nickel to have a “Hit for the Cycle”. (Penny, Nickel, Dime, Quarter).

We stopped at a grocery store. One dime there (Coin #9). Still seeking that nickel, we stopped at a convenience store. Found four pennies there. (Coins #10-13). That was five more coins, but no nickel.

***************

Today I attended a session at the Healing Shoppe in Upland. In those quiet few moments, I wondered why we don’t “Take 5” each day to slow down, be quiet, give thanks, and tune out the commotion of life? Five minutes really does work wonders.

I was asked about Penny Finding and I told how sometimes I play with the Angels and give them Challenges. So on the way home I challenged the Penny Angels to Provide a Nickel within the 5 miles home. I was ‘nudged’ to stop at a car wash. Found four pennies in various places. I said, “OK Penny Angels, Thanks, but that is not what I asked for. I want a NICKEL please! One more chance for you and then I am going home.” I was nudged to stop at a convenience store. I did not park in front of the store, but was “nudged” to park in a stall next door. As I hopped out of the truck, there was a super duper shiny penny right in front me! I was laughing and talking to the Angels. “So that’s why I am parking way over here?” “Cute. Now I have 5 pennies. You have the math correct, but that is still not a NICKEL!” As I uttered those words out loud, I looked 10 ft. to my left and there was a shiny spot …. It was a NICKEL! I took the five cent piece. I was laughing. (Coins #14-19)

***************

Penny Palace Progress:

Met with a tile installer this morning. He seems promising and was not opposed to setting up things, then staying out of my way while I create a tile stream on the floor. Then we went to a plumbing supply center and selected the two water heaters. Next we visited the job site. Framer Danny was placing the rim joists. If you look closely in the photo you can see the red string line where the floor will soon be built (about 4 ft. off the ground). That string represents the first support wall.

***************

Lesson: Reminder to “Take 5” each day, to be grateful, give thanks, be quiet, and listen.

Total: 19 Coins P (11), N (1), D (2), Q (5) = $1.61



2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm grateful for Pennyfinders and the Penny lady because she's shown me what it means to share joy with others and to appreciate messages from the angels!

Anonymous said...

I am joining Mandy and thank you very, very much!!!
Sometimes our life is ssooo dificult, but when I read your tales I can see the world with another eyes!

Thank you ! You are really helping people.