Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day #856 - Coin Hunting

Doc spent the day at school preparing for the coming week. I spent the day designing features for the new house and other miscellaneous tasks. After Doc got home around 7 PM we headed out for our usual Sunday night grocery shopping. Two of the three usual stores were closed! Since we celebrated Easter yesterday, we forgot that everyone else was celebrating today!

At the third grocery store (but the first open one), we found one penny outside, then four pennies, one nickel and a dime inside. (Coins #1-7).

There were no cars at the drive up window for a Mexican Food place, so I ran through and collected a dime (Coin #8). We next visited the CVS Pharmacy. Didn’t see anything at first, but then the light reflected on something. It was a dime which led me to another dime and then a penny. (Coins #9-11). I stepped back and there was another dime at my feet! (Coin #12).


The In-N-Out Burger was closed for the holiday, so we couldn’t resist looking there. One shiny penny. (Coin #13). Doc found a nickel in a pay phone coin return (Coin #14).


Total: 14 Coins P (7), N (2), D (5), Q (0) = $0.67

2 comments:

Chaz DeSimone said...

Happy Belated Easter, Tina and Doc!

JR said...

Lent is over.
Game ON.