Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day #855 - Family Day



Today was spent with family. Most of the time was at the Annual Easter Lunch and Egg Hunt at the home of my father and his wife. It is a 75 mile drive from our house, so my mother carpooled with us. Since she had not seen our new property since construction began, and she does not have a computer in order to read Penny Tales, we detoured the 3 miles off the freeway to show her the site. (Photo of Doc with Mother-in-Law).

You can see in the photo that a few of the flooring support walls have been framed.

Since it is only 17 houses to our son’s new home, we drove past there to show Mom his new house as well. Son Stephen was out there working! And so was other son Brian! That was a nice surprise to see them. We had a few Easter Moments with them as they were pulling down drywall in the garage.

***************

It was a long drive to Hemet, so Doc needed a mid-way stop at Starbucks. He got coffee (it was free since they did not have the decaf he wanted) and I collected two pennies. (Coins #1&2). Doc then gave me the penny which he and Sparky had collected at their McDonald’s breakfast run (Coin #3).

We spent many hours eating and talking and egg hunting at my father’s house. The plastic eggs this year were filled with assorted coins! Couldn’t I have just “Found” one of those eggs to qualify for today’s Tale? No. “No adults allowed”.

***************

On the drive home, Mom was thirsty so we stopped at a grocery store. She got water, I collected two dimes and two pennies. (Coins #4-7). As we returned to the parked van, Doc said, “You just walked over a quarter!” (Coin #8). He teases me about only looking for pennies because he looks for “silvers’.

Lesson: Think Bigger. Be open to greater rewards. Don’t have such a limited focus.

***************

Once we got home and put things away, I just wanted to go to sleep. Doc headed for McDonald’s. He got his dinner, plus a dime and two pennies. (Coins #9-11).

Total: 11 Coins P (7), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = $0.62

No comments: