Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day #925 - Chilling



This morning we tackled the leaking water line we noticed yesterday. Like two pigs in swill, we were trying to keep a “cents” of humor in the mud and sweltering temperatures. That job took until noon. Then it was time for a shower, lunch and a 1-hour nap to ‘chill out’.

The afternoon was spent working on several aspects of the Penny Palace. I completed Phase I of the construction finances for June. Then we reviewed the latest window revisions. Since the window company will not make a radial (sunburst) grids, I called a wrought iron shop. We just might have sunburst grilles with a Penny Motif!!!

***************

At 6 pm I realized there were no coins found yet today. Time to get out of the house. I went to Cost Plus to buy some Australian Vegemite for the upcoming party. Doc was hanging around the store. He was going to get one bottled soda, but was ‘nudged’ to go to a second cooler. He opened the cooler door, picked up a pomegranate beverage and underneath the glass bottle was a chilled penny! How does a penny get into a cooler like that? It can not fall in there from above. (Coin #1).

Next we headed to the hardware store to return a plumbing part which did not fit in our repairs this morning. Doc cruised through the high school parking lot where I found one penny and he collected two Sit-N-Find pennies. (Coins #2-4)

Total: 4 Pennies

No comments: