Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, July 25, 2011

Day #948 - Scrambled

We awoke today with only 5 hours remaining on our special trip with the Boyz. Our goal was to pack up the cabin and be on the road by 8:30 a.m. We scrambled and were rolling out by 8:13.

Of course Doc needed his coffee and the Twins wanted a Vanilla steamer, so Starbucks was our first stop. As Doc opened the door to walk inside, he found a silver in the threshold. (Coin #1). While the guys enjoyed their drinks, I quickly scrambled next door to the del Taco for 3 pennies and a dime. (Coins #2-5).

I searched around the convenience store and found two pennies. (Coins #6&7). A lady in a parked vehicle asked what I was doing. I explained and gave her a Penny Card. She threw two coins out her window for me and I scrambled to get them. I told her those would not be ‘finds’, but I would gladly accept them to add to the donation jar.

We had breakfast at Corky’s where they serve 12” pancakes and scrambled eggs. Found one penny there. (Coin #8). As we were finishing breakfast, Daryl called to say there was much happening at the jobsite. So we scrambled to join in the festivities. The Boyz were amazed at the progress since their last visit.

Scott, the Structural Engineer, was there when we arrived. He inspected the framing and signed off on his report.

Yipee! It was the first day for the roofing crew. They were laying felt. The framers continued working on details such as the decorative beams in the ceiling of the dining room.

It was great to be amid all the activity, but we had to scramble and get the Boyz home as promised. We made our noon deadline and tearfully hugged them goodbye. I was bawling as we drove away knowing that would be our last play session for a long time. Scrambled emotions - such great Joy in our wonderful weekend, yet such sorrow in saying goodbye.
Doc dealt with his feelings (and growling stomach) by stopping for lunch on our way home where he found two additional pennies. (Coins #9&10)

Total: 10 Coins P (8), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.28

No comments: