Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, August 8, 2011

Day #962 - Speeding Up


Working on this project is like being in love - who cares about food or sleep or anything else?

The work tempo is speeding up and the team is dancing nicely to the music. It’s a challenge to complete even 75% of the things I should be doing.

This morning I was up and ready to run on just 3 hours sleep. I quickly prepared my gear for the day and then was off. Stopped at a different postal station mostly because it was next to a discount shop. I quickly mailed my letter and then searched the shop. One penny in the food aisle. (Coin #1).

***************

There were many people working on site today. Peter the painter started his work. He painted all the existing exterior wood trim.

A crew of four guys were working on the wiring. I laid out the furniture using duct tape on the floor. I found several electrical boxes which needed moving as a result. That crew is moving so fast it is difficult to stay ahead of them.

Danny and framing crew were working as well on things like the exterior trusses.

At 4 p.m. I took off to meet with Carlos who did our surveying. Together he and I modified our floor plan to show “As Built” conditions. These to be used in laying out furniture, getting bids for finish work, flooring estimates, cabinetry designs, etc.

***************

7 p.m. I stopped at Home Depot on the way home. One dime (Coin #2).

Doc on his way home stopped at the 99¢ Store for one nickel. (Coin #3) Then he went for a car wash where he collected a penny (Coin #4) and a “Do Math” token. Two more pennies at WalMart (Coins #5&6)

Total: 6 Coins P (4), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19 + Do Math Token

No comments: