Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day #1,322 - Pony Tails


I thought retirement meant no more alarm clocks!  This morning my deep sleep was interrupted by the rude screaming of the alarm saying, “Get Up and Get Moving!”.

Within minutes I was in the kitchen feeding the dogs.  Two of them had a vicious encounter and it took both Doc and I yelling and forcibly pulling them apart to end the skirmish.  By then I was FULLY awake with accelerated heartbeat!

Pool Man


Maribel arrived at 9 a.m. for our scheduled housecleaning session.  She sure gets a lot more work done than I do.  I keep getting pulled away by phone calls, organizing some of the STUFF and emails.  She keeps working.

This morning I was distracted for an hour by the pool man.  LOL.  Landscape Eddie suggested that the next time I see the neighbor’s pool man out there, I should try and get his attention …. to see what he would charge to periodically add chemicals to our pond and keep it clear of algae.  So this morning when our dogs barked at the person next door, I made my move…

First FAX
We needed to send a FAX, but the phone jack near the FAX machine is not working yet.  Thus Doc made adjustments.

This afternoon I left the house at 3 p.m. for stops at the post office, Home Depot, and Lowe’s (one penny there).  Then I hit the 99¢ store.  (one nickel there)  My goal:  props for the next mailbox display.  My budget: $10.   Stay tuned as that project develops this weekend …

Pony Tails on the Town
Friend Mandy and I had not had any time together for at least three months.  I would tell her “after we get sign off on the house, after we have the blessing of the house, after we move, after …”  Finally tonight we had time together in Celebration of my retirement.  A local luxury spa was having an event to showcase their services and products.  So we attended and each were treated to a mini-hair conditioning, hand waxing, and hair braiding (Pony Tail).  One bottle of their shampoos or basic products is more than I pay for a haircut and style!  It was fun to ‘sample’ a place like that (as an Open House attendee vs. Paying Client).   Plus the evening included food!  Afterward we splurged for yogurts and walked around the town.

Pony Tails out on the Town.

***************
Doc went for a routine blood test this afternoon.  One very bright, but run over penny there.  Then four pennies at his McDonalds dinner run.

Total:   7 Coins        P (6), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.11

No comments: