Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day #1,346 - Flexible


This morning I scrambled to get a few things done around the house and then put on my “interior decorator” hat.  A friend is getting married next weekend.  It is customary to decorate the family home prior to the wedding for the many guests and festivities.  I had offered to help her decorate her mom’s house from 11 - 3 today.

When I arrived at the house with tools and gear, Nakita and her mom laughed at all the things I had brought.  Nakita asked if I would be willing to also help decorate her father’s house today.  She guesstimated we could be finished there by 5 p.m.  Then we could work on her Mom’s house which was more complex.  Gulp. I had a dozen things I was going to do from  3-7 before I met up with Doc this evening.  “Sure!  Lets’ go!”  (Sleep is very underrated). 
Decorating at Bride's Father's House


As we were decorating the first house we moved sofas and furniture. One penny under the couch.  I was granted permission to take that one.  (Coin #1).  By the time we left, the house looked beautiful with all the purple satin swags. 

Doc says I am so NOT flexible and always want things to go according to my plans.  As we were driving, Nakita thanked me for being so flexible.  I asked her to share that thought with Doc - to let him know that he is wrong once again!

Decorating at Bride's Mother's House

We next decorated Nakita’s mother’s house.  The challenge -- how to suspend yards and yards of yellow fabric from the ceiling without showing any means of support and without any lasting effects to the drywall ceiling.

At 5:40 p.m. I excused myself and left the other two ladies to finish the detail work.  I was not able to take care of some of my planned action items.  I did stop for petrol since I was running on fumes.  While the fuel was pumping I asked the Penny Angels for a second coin.  Found a penny within minutes (Coin #2).

Meanwhile today Doc went for breakfast, folded some laundry, went to an ATM for cash, and took out the garbage cans.  He found a dime.  (Doc Coin #1)

I arrived home at 7:30, unpacked my tools and wedding related supplies, hugged the dogs, grabbed Doc and headed out for the weekly grocery shopping.  Instead of driving back to our former stomping grounds we went to the same three named stores, but the local ones instead of the ones in the Pomona area.  I found a penny at the first store and a dime at the second.   (Coins #3&4).  At the third store I looked several times through the checkout area and found nothing.   So I said, “C’mon Angels, let’s go three-for-three”.  At checkout there was a quarter!  (Coin #5).

The rest of the evening was spent on the upcoming PP Open House.  Designer Chaz had eleven emails waiting for me to review.  I finally gave up at 2 a.m.


I think it is time to start talking to the Angels about Buyers for the Pomona house.  Let’s FIND the right family for that!  LOL




Total:   6 Coins        P (3), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.48

No comments: