Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, August 31, 2012

Day #1,351 - Conquered


Many assorted things conquered today.  This morning I spent an hour on the phone with Drapery Bryan to finalize the order for the window cell shades and get the fabrics ordered.  Then I finalized a package of retirement papers which I had been working on for a week or so.

Doc headed to school around noon to try and resuscitate his computer which died yesterday.
Solar Collectors

I put a clear finish coat on the bookcase and worked on things pertaining to the Open Houses.  At 2 p.m. I headed out to run errands and get today’s coins.  First stop was the post office.  I was dreading going there.  It is a Friday, it is the last day of the month, and it is the first day of a holiday weekend.  Triple negative.  I walked in to find no one in line!  Walked right up to an available clerk!  I commented how unexpected that was.  A customer at the other booth (only two were open)  said there were four clerks working this morning and the line of customers was still out the door!  Thank You Angels.

The bank was a quick and easy stop.  Then I went to a sign shop to brainstorm regarding the shower room wall hanging.  Sign Jim was swamped with work since the LA Fair starts today.  I will need to return to the sign shop on another day. 

On my way to the Pomona house, traffic was stop and go due to a local city Sobriety Check Point.  Pippy and I passed through there without question.  At the Pomona house, I filled the ponds, watered the interior plants and scrubbed the toilet.

I did not want to go home without my coin for the day, so I stopped briefly at a 7-11 store.  Two pennies, two dimes and two rolls of breathsavers obtained there.  (Coins #1-4)  (It is awkward to go up to the register and dive under the counter without making some sort of a purchase and excuse to be there).

Doc came home around 6 p.m. with a chicken, two potatoes, one dime and one penny (Doc Coins #1&2).   After a quick dinner, we began working on placecards for our friend’s wedding.  Originally I had planned to handwrite them all, but we figured out a way to feed the little cards through the printer.  Thank Goodness.  I’m sure I would have had numerous errors in those 300+ very long, mostly Indian names.

At 11 p.m. Doc checked out for his nightly TV session, then went to bed at midnight.  At 12:30 I was turning out all the lights to go to bed and then saw the pile of boxes under the staircase.  Doc keeps griping that I have not dealt with those yet.  So I flipped on the lights, put a CD in the player, grabbed a bottle of water, and started unpacking books.  Doc was surprised this morning when he woke up.  There were seven empty boxes near the staircase.  Only five more boxes of assorted contents remain to be conquered.

There’s a song which comes to mind here:
“One Box at a Time, Lord Jesus, that’s all I’m asking from you.  Just help me to cope …show me the way, one box at a time ….”

Total:   6 Coins        P (3), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.33

No comments: