Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, August 20, 2012

Day #1,340 - Energy Compliant


It is 11:30 p.m. and I am looking at my notes and Action Item list for the day.  My notes say that Energy Compliance Rater Pete was here this morning.  It seems like it was a week ago!




Canine Assistance?
This morning Doc woke me saying, “Let’s finish the dog cage grass before the Energy Rater gets here.”  Uggg.   Not what I had planned this morning.  That was supposed to be DOC’s project over the past month.

Of course Doc and Sparky needed to go for their coffee before beginning work.  They also collected a penny and a dime.  (Doc Coins #1&2).



Energy Rater Inspection

Energy Rater Pete was expected at 9 a.m., but was on the doorstep by 8:50. Doc and I were only half way done with laying that second roll of artificial turf in the dog cage.  Pete conducted his inspection of the windows, water heater, insulation, roof barrier and solar panels.  Our panels are producing much more than the required minimum. Yipee!







After the inspector left, Doc and I continued working on the dog cage.   That was not even on my list of things to do today.  Finally at 12:30 Doc declared the new turf completed and he went for a shower to clean up.

Finishing Touches
Since we will be transporting guests tomorrow, Doc took the van for a wash.  He called me within 15 minutes of leaving the house.  He had found a dime by the vacuum hose, then a quarter by the store door, then he looked to his left and found a nickel as well  (Doc Coins #3-5)   While  waiting for the car to be washed, he walked next door to Jacks for lunch.  He found two pennies there and then two additional ones in a planter bed.  (Doc Coins #6-9).  He returned to the car wash to find an additional penny.  (Doc Coin #10)  Hit for the Cycle there!  He drove the van a few feet over to the gas pumps and found his next penny.  (Doc Coin #11).

While Doc was having fun with all that coin finding, I was back at the Penny Palace dealing with rental issues and other incomings.  At Noon Renter of House #2 emailed to say she has been three days without A/C.  I read her email around 1 p.m., immediately called  HVAC Jim and he was out at the jobsite within two hours.  What service!  Great service, but not so great news.  Both the furnace and A/C are very old and need replacing.  Quite costly.

Doc returned home exhausted from all his work, and “checked out” for a while (took a nap).  I worked with Gardener Raul in doing some weeding and trimming.

At 6:30 Doc and I headed to the Pomona house. We stopped to make a donation at a thrift store.  That got rid of one storage cabinet off the Grand Room floor and five bags of clothing and household items.

Sludge Cleaning
At the Pomona house we cleaned the pond filters and checked the sprinkler lines.  There were two burst ones.  We ran out of daylight, so will need to return there later in the week.  I guess I have disconnected from that house -- I had trouble remembering where the lights switches were! You would think after 30 years that could not happen.

Doc wanted food items and I wanted coins, so at 8:30 we headed to a grocery store.  I searched and searched, but did not find any coins.  I pleaded with the Angels to get me a coin so I didn’t need to go anywhere else.  At checkout I was granted a dime and two pennies.  (Coins #1-3).  Doc got another quarter!  (Doc Coin #12)

We made one more stop at another grocery where I found two pennies at check out, (Coins #4&5).  Doc found a dime as we were leaving.  (Doc #13).

By the time we got home and unpacked the groceries it was nearly 10 p.m. and time for dinner.  While microwaving tonight’s food, I turned on the oven to burn off the newness of it.  Doc kept saying, “I did not expect this much of a smell.”  Tomorrow we plan to use the oven for the first time.



Total:   18 Coins        P (11), N (1), D (4), Q (2) = $1.06 
 

No comments: