Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day #1,338 - Sofas Pending

Cardboard Sun Shade

Much of the day was spent at home.  At 10 a.m. we met with Window Covering Consultant Brian.  The East sun in the morning is very intense.  It heats up that side of the house and I can’t see my computer screen.  Right now I have cardboard in my windows.  The West sun in the afternoon is so hot and bright in the breakfast nook, that we can not use that area for an hour or two. 

Brian provided some new suggestions.  I did not have any good ideas about how to cover the huge doors in the Grand Room.  There is no room to the right or left to stack draperies, so he proposed shades attached to the doors.  The next phase would be to look at fabrics and make some choices.  Fun stuff.
Shrinking Pile


At 6:30 p.m. it was time for Doc and I to head out for a romantic Saturday night date.  Our first stop was Home Depot to pick up the rolls of artificial turf which Doc had ordered last week.  Our next stop was Lowe’s to return some unused brackets.  One penny found at check out.

We stopped at a little café to get a Mediterranean take out meal.  While Doc waited for the order, I walked the parking lot.  One penny found.  But of course everyone knows - you can’t find pennies in the dark!  LOL.

Today’s mail brought my final paycheck from Cal Poly Pomona with the payoff of my vacation hours.  I was quite addicted to my job and very seldom used any vacation hours.  Now my ‘vacations’ will be represented by Doc’s recliner, the new sofas, and some of the window coverings.  The Family Room sofas and Doc’s recliner were ordered a few weeks ago  and I will order the sofa(s) for the Grand Room just as soon as that pile of Stuff in the middle of the room is conquered….


Total:   2 Pennies

No comments: