Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day #1,336 - Aggravations



This loan stuff is becoming quite aggravating.  This morning Doc started my day by saying several different times that WE needed to provide that 5-year agreement letter to the bank.  I again suggested where HE could look.  He did not.  Then he started saying that maybe we needed to contact CPP to get a copy of that letter.  I again asked if he had looked in the file box I suggested. Nope!  So I put the file box in front of him, took out the well-labeled file, and showed him the letter.  Grrrrrr….  We did get that scanned and emailed to the loan underwriter.
Stripping the Roofing



We expected the roofing crew to begin working at 8 a.m. so I moved Pippy, opened gates and prepared for them.

Next it was time to tend to Mom; breakfast, bracings, etc.

Feeding the GrandDogs
The Loan Underwriter called to answer some of my questions (they neglected to include several key items) and to say that 5-year agreement was not adequate.  They needed ANOTHER document.  Very aggravating …

At 11 a.m. the Roofing crew arrived. Last week I was told that the roofers were not working past lunch time due to the extreme heat conditions.  Today they stripped off the Old (as in 1 year old) roof, laid the felt, and stacked the new concrete tiles before they left for the day.

This afternoon was spent dealing with Loan issues.

At 6:30 p.m. it was time to get out of the house and “stretch our legs”.  Doc stopped at the 7-11 so we could search for coins.  I found two pennies and a nickel inside.  (Coins #1-3). Doc found a penny and two silverish blobs in the parking lot.  (Coins #4-6) He thought they were dimes, but they were just really, really run over pennies.  He had found a dime earlier in the day when he went for coffee.  (Coin #7)  I said out loud, “We just need a Quarter now”.  My Mom questioned why and I explained about a “Hit for the Cycle”.

We proceeded to the pet supply store for dog food, and then El Pollo Loco for people food.  Doc then insisted upon a quick stop at a grocery store for ice cream.

Closet Work
As we hopped out of the car I said ten times, “Quarter, quarter, quarter…” before I even locked the door of the van.  Within 60 seconds as we approached the door of the grocery store, Doc found the quarter!  (Coin #8)  Things were looking good!    Mom was amazed.  I found a penny as we entered the store, then Doc claimed a final penny when we paid for our groceries.  (Coins #9&10).  Penny Finding is good for “Attitude Adjstuments”.

This evening Doc and I spent two hours in the Master Bedroom closet.  We assembled one bay of shelves for sheets, towels and other linens.  Hopefully this weekend I might get 2 or 3 more boxes of stuff put away.

***************
Any suggestions from any of YOU about a new banner for the front of the house?
Current one reads “Moved In  --  80% Chaos”

Think something cute and SHORT.

“Found: Grand Room Floor”

or

“99 Boxes of Stuff on the floor, 99 Boxes of STUFF.  You take one down, toss out the guts, 98 Boxes of Stuff on the floor…”




Total:   10 Coins        P (7), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.47

No comments: