Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, August 3, 2012

Day #1,323 - Focused

Closet Shelves


It was great to spend a day focused on organizing and putting things away at the Penny Palace.  There were no detours to go work on the Pomona house, no work on the rentals, no subcontractors or other people to work with. 

Today I typed up a list of places / agencies / etc. which need to be contacted to change our address.  Just off the top of my head there were over 90 entities which need to be notified.  That does not include friends and personal contacts.  Yikes!  That could take several days.  I’m sure plenty more will come to mind over the next few weeks.  How do people do this moving around every few years?  It is time consuming!

Refurbished Lamp
While Doc was gone for a few hours, the dogs and I moved lots of furniture around, emptied boxes, and dealt with paperwork.  When Doc got home, he and I finished installing the shelf and bar in the coat closet.  Wonderful to hang our jackets (which we haven’t worn in months and months, but it’s nice to have a spot for them).

At 6 p.m. I headed to the office supply store.  As I hopped into my truck, a tiny dragonfly flew in and landed on my dashboard.  I told him it was too hot for him to stay there, and assisted him out the window.

I was mostly looking for today’s coins, but I ran a few photocopies for Doc of his Solar Data Tracking Form which I created for him.  There were no coins at that store, so I went over to the nearby convenience store where I collected two pennies.  (Coins #1&2)

When I returned home, Doc was just heading out to Home Depot.  He needed supplies for our planned work session with Handyman George in the morning.  He collected a penny at check-out.  He had also found penny when he went to Jacks for lunch.

I finished typing this Tale about no distractions … then an email arrived from our Realtor. 
What an exhausting day!  The Open House went well. The amount of traffic was as expected on a Fri. We have a very serious potential buyer. She called me about an hour after the Open House ended. I ran down there to show her and her family the house. She is from the neighborhood and looking for a bigger place.”   So that generated some emails and action.


Total:  4 Pennies

1 comment:

JR said...

Ya know, you could get a Brother® MFC-J6710DW that would print, scan, copy and fax, even with 11x17. It just doesn't find coins.