Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day #439 - Fishing

Doc is such a brat! He called me at 8:15 this evening. I was in my office grading exams. He said, “There is a movie of one of your favorite books (Little Women) on TV right now. You should come home and watch it”. Yeah sure! Today was crazy busy and I haven’t even begun to think seriously about the event for several hundred people on Saturday morning!

Today I gave midterms in my classes, but I did squeeze in 15 minutes to talk about attitude and I gave them the Paradoxical Commandments. It’s a challenge to me to “package” these life lessons within the engineering curriculum. Newton’s law and other principles are looked at a little differently in this class! J

I suddenly realized I had not found today’s penny! I scrambled to shut down by 9 pm and go penny hunting. I stopped to say “Good night” to the kids in the study room. I was hugging one of them when I spied a penny next to him. J Then there was another penny over by the sofa. I laughed and shouted “God’s 2¢ Worth for today”. Joy Shared.

***************

Yes, technically that was today’s coins, but I’m not sure those are “strong” finds. I headed out to the parking lot. The lighting is fairly good along the pathway, so I have never been nervous about it. Tonight there was a gang of 5 guys walking in front of me. I realized I could keep my pace and stay moderately behind them. Slow down and keep a “safe” distance from them, or speed up and walk with them! That was a weird thought!

I increased my pace and started a conversation with the 5 guys. They all had huge backpacks and fishing tackle boxes (electrical parts inside). I had seen the guys in one of the electrical engineering labs as I was leaving tonight, so I knew they were engineering students. I jokingly asked them if they were going night fishing. I told them I was fishing too - for pennies. We had a great conversation on the long walk to the cars. Such fun! Joy shared.

Thought: How blessed I felt to be able to share that time with them. There are parts of the world (or the US) where a lone female would not be able to just tag along with five young male strangers and have a really fun experience. Counting my blessings.

***************

I was still seeking a “real” find today. So I stopped at a gas station on the route home. I walked through all of the gas pump bays and found nothing. Thankfully there was a penny inside the convenience store by the register. Thank You Angels. Then another penny outside as I returned to my truck. 2¢ worth there too.

I arrived home with dreams of dinner waiting on the dining table…

The dogs were watching TV on the sofa downstairs and Doc was watching TV on the sofa upstairs. There was a found dime on the dining table - not even a love note tonight!

I guess that means less to write about!

Total: 5 Coins P (4), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.14

No comments: