Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, March 1, 2010

Day #437 - Book Rescue

We saw in the Olympic competitions, the synergy and effectiveness of winning teams. Tonight I was a part of such a team. At one time I paused for a few seconds just to watch the “dance”. We had 85 boxes of textbooks which needed to be opened, processed, scanned, sorted, boxed and palletized. There were 30 strangers who came together for that moment in time to rescue several thousand pounds of books from going to a landfill.

It was such fun to see piles of books precariously perched and students shuttling them back and forth. Envision Charlie and the Chocolate factory with umpa lumpas carting books. Hope you are laughing!

Penny Finding:

I had meetings and classes from 11 AM until 10 PM - except for one 15 minute window of time. I ran to the campus marketplace. Found a penny #1 near the salad bar. Penny #2 was under the table where 4 guys were sitting … “Excuse me, Here’s my Penny Card…” Penny #3 was at the Carl’s Jr line. I left the building, but paused to pick up a large chunk of broken glass. There were two pennies near it. (Coins #4&5). Rewards. (See the lesson from yesterday). I was back in my office within 10 minutes and had 5 coins plus 5 remaining minutes for lunch!

Doc managed to collect two coins and a flat tire today. This morning before work, he found a nickel under the check out counter at the 99¢ store. After work he emerged to find a ‘love note’ on his windshield. It read, “You have a flat rear tire on the passenger side. Love, Concerned CPP student J”. Doc would most likely not have noticed that when he got in the car. How nice when people go out of their way. Definitely an ARK - Act of Random Kindness.

Doc called the Auto club for service. While waiting he went through one of the labs and collected a dime.

Total: 7 Coins P (5), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.20

No comments: