Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, March 12, 2010

Day #448 - Day Off?

I had planned to go into work for just a half day today. (It’s a Furlough Friday and we aren’t supposed to be coming on campus or even working from home). I needed to prepare for final exams and grade papers. After 12 hours of being there, I finally called it quits.

Around 1 p.m. there were two students studying on a table outside my office. I emerged and they asked if I was going to get lunch. I said, “No. I’m going out Penny Finding”. They asked what that was? I explained, gave them each a Penny Card and told them I expected to be back shortly.

When I left the building I said, “OK Penny Angels, let’s make this quick so I can get back to these students quickly and validate this manifestation stuff”.

I headed over to the marketplace to look for today’s coin. The building was shut due to the Furlough day. L One of my students was sitting outside and asked if I wanted a cigarette. (I keep working on him to quit smoking). I replied, “No thanks. I want a coin instead”. I immediately spotted a nickel and was able to have him witness that find. Joy shared.

Then I hurried back to my office to show the nickel to the other students. Again joy was shared.

***************

When I left my office at 10 pm this evening I was burned out. I needed a Find! I passed through a very dark and deserted Student Study Room. But there was one lonely penny.

***************

I arrived home to find Doc’s love note on the table. I’m wondering what he did all day?

Let’s see what the note says:

Sparky and I went to breakfast. One penny at Johnnie’s Famous burger drive through.

This afternoon went to CPP and walked the upper parking lot to put some steps on the pedometer. Found 7 pennies, 1 nickel and 1 dime.

Stopped for dinner at KFC on the way home and collected 3 pennies and a dime

Total: 16 Coins P (12), N (2), D (2), Q (0) = $0.42

No comments: