Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, March 29, 2010

Day #465 - Good Neighbors

Yesterday we “squirreled” away coins for the coming week. Good thing.

Doc went to school at 7:15 a.m. this morning. That was too early for me! I arrived mid morning. It was the first day of classes for the new term, so neither one of us put any focus on coin finding. We finally left work around 9:30 p.m. to come home feed the dogs, have dinner, and prepare for tomorrow’s classes.

I said we did not “focus” on finding coins, that doesn’t mean we didn’t find any …

As I was leaving my house this morning, I noticed the empty trash cans out on the street. So I moved our trash cans into the back yard then was “nudged” to take in the neighbor’s bin for them. I argued back to the Penny Angels, “I’m running late for work, they can certainly take in their own trash cans. It’s not a big deal”. But again I was “nudged” to Do It Anyway. Acts of Random Kindness (ARK). So I did. There was a penny on the pavement next to where I needed to park their trashcan! Reward.

Lesson: Be a Good Neighbor - it doesn’t take that much extra effort.

Doc stopped at Starbucks on his way to campus. He did not spot any coins in the drive through and was disappointed. Then he saw one in the street as he was leaving. He parked the van at the McDonald’s next door and walked back to get - a quarter! This evening he looked at the quarter in his hand (which was very battered and run over) and said, “Yeah, that coin sure depicts how I feel tonight”.

Lesson: Today you may get run over, but perhaps tomorrow you will be lovingly scooped up, wiped off, and tenderly tucked away. Or you may be put right back into ciculation to do something good. Are you prepared for either circumstance?

Total for today: 2 Coins P (1), Q (1) = $0.26

P.S. I took in ONE trashcan for the neighbor and one for us. When I arrived home this evening, my neighbor had taken in my additional TWO cans. (My initial ARK was doubled)!

No comments: