Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day #457 - Gusts of Grading

I was grading student papers almost all day long. Mostly moderate and steady progress with a few intense gusts. Doc came in my room around 6 p.m. and said, “It’s easier to find coins when it’s light out. Get off you butt and let’s go searching”. So we went to the local high school.

***************

On the way to the school, I noticed some pennies in the coin tray of the van. Doc had gone out for breakfast and a car wash this morning. He found a penny at the grocery store, two pennies double-stacked outside the CVS pharmacy, and one median find. (Coins #1-4)

When we arrived at the school, I hopped out quickly and headed onto the campus where an outdoor fair had taken place today. I figured coins were likely to be found there. Meanwhile Doc found a dime which he said I walked over (Coin #5). I found no coins at the fair, lunch tables, basketball courts, or anywhere. I headed across the parking lot to the skateboard park. Meanwhile Doc found a penny (Coin #6).

When I arrived outside the skateboard area, one of the kids asked if I was looking for pennies again and had I found one today? I replied, “I am searching right now”. I walked up the walkway to the entrance gate and there was a penny in the dirt. So I flashed it to the young lad. Found another one in the dirt inside the park. Then another which was just beyond my reach due to the fencing around the park. It required me to exit the park and climb through tall bushes to retrieve it! I was headed back to the van and spotted another penny. Meanwhile Doc found a dime near the van. I thought we were leaving, but he started walking away again! I hopped in the driver’s seat and told him I was going home to grade papers, he’d better get in or he could walk home. He begrudgingly got into the van, but stopped to pick up one last penny.

***************

Doc insisted upon stopping for coffee at the Circle K store. I searched for coins. The cashier asked if he could help me find something? I answered, “Today’s lucky penny please”. He replied. “You won’t find any because I collect all the coins around here.” I then showed him the penny which I had just picked up near the chip rack. J

Lesson: The Angels will deliver coins when they decide to.

Total: 13 Coins P (11), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.31

No comments: