Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day #447 - Perfect Day

Today was just one of those joy-filled, blue skies glorious days. The weather was postcard perfect with snow capped mountains as the backdrop. The events which unfolded were each special and uplifting.

*******************

The morning began with an email saying our rental unit in Arizona has just been rented and the tenants want to move in tomorrow! (The house has been vacant for 6 months).

*******************

There was a competition at school today. Eight teams of students built mini Rose Floats. The floats had to travel a certain speed, have three animation features, go over a speed bump and pass under a bridge.

Each one of them was unique, creative and successfully traversed the course! There was media coverage and lots of spectators to witness the accomplishments. The pride and enthusiasm were so infectious! Photos on Facebook:

hwww.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151145&id=56047528875&ref=mf

After that, a trucking company came to haul off the three pallets of donated textbooks which my classes had packed last week. Those will go to Better World Books and the Books for Africa program. http://www.BetterWorldBooks.com

Six months of working on that project. Nice to get closure there and to know the books are going to a better place than the dumpster.

*******************

This afternoon I was in my office when a student came in to turn in his paper. He turned away to leave, turned back with a timid look, turned to leave, turned back to me then shook my hand and said “Thanks for the training you are providing us!” WOW! Make my day!

*******************

It had been quite a while since I had time with my friend Mandy, so a month ago we set a date to meet today. It was tough to leave work at 4:30, but I was determined to have a few hours away from campus. As I was walking through the parking lot, I was thinking of questions to put on the final exam. I then thought, “If I don’t find a coin before arriving at my truck, then Mandy and I will need to go Penny Finding this evening.” At that moment a nickel appeared right in my travel path! Nickels are the rarest finds of the four major coins. So I thought, “Fine! On any other day I find the other denominations, but not the nickel. Today I have a solo nickel and not the other three.”

Mandy arrived and we headed out for the evening. We parked my truck in front of a Thai restaurant I have been wanting to try and then we walked, and walked and walked for the next hour. We found a penny at a car wash. (Coin #2).

Mandy and I continued walking and it was getting pretty dark out, but something in front of the 99¢ store reflected light. It was a quarter! (Coin #3). I picked it up. Mandy said, “You now have a penny, nickel, and quarter. That is almost a “Hit for the Cycle”. I replied, “So let’s get the dime! Penny Angels - dime, dime, dime, go!” As soon as I uttered those words, we found a dime in less than 5 seconds! Talk about verbalizing and manifesting! (Coin #4)

Mandy and I enjoyed a superb Thai meal at the new Thai restaurant. Then we went for a 1-hr Chinese foot massage at a place that just opened two weeks ago. ($20 introductory offer). We were both mush puppies when we left. Then we spent 1.5 hours just talking in the parked truck.

What a perfect day. Couldn’t ask for more.

*******************

Doc had a few finds today as well. Two pennies at the CVS Store when he went to take his blood pressure reading. Then he found one penny at the 99¢ store. Then one more penny at the grocery store. (Coins #5-8)

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.45

No comments: