Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, March 15, 2010

Day #451 - Sweet Rewards

Some of my students have been petitioning for cupcakes (sweet rewards) and a party instead of a final exam today. We compromised - they got both.

On the way to school today I stopped at the grocery store to get cupcakes and muffins for the class. There were no coins. Doc went next door to the CVS Pharmacy and found two pennies in the parking lot. His 2¢ worth. Doc offered to stop at the Circle K store across the street so I could search for MY coin. There were none inside the store, but a penny found in the parking lot. Then a second penny as I picked up the first one. The score was now tied - we each had our 2¢ worth.

As I arrived at school, one of my students saw me with all the groceries and offered to assist. He flashed a big smile and said he had found a penny for me! The Penny Fever is spreading!

Once in the office, my focus was 100% on work and today’s final lecture and exam (which I needed to finish preparing). At the conclusion of the exam, the students enjoyed the pastries. I had slipped either a PennyFinders Card or copper writing pen in each of their journals and some of them noticed the trinkets before leaving. That was fun. I took the remaining muffins to the student study room and was rewarded with finding a quarter! (Coin #5).

A few students interrupted Doc and asked for assistance. He helped them, then was rewarded with a Penny Find on the way back to his office. Later when he went to get coffee, he found another penny in the walkway. As he was in the van and backing up to leave campus, he found a penny in the stall where he had been parked. (Coins #6-8).

On the way home, we stopped to get some birthday balloons. The two ladies at the registers were really friendly. While I was talking to them and getting the helium fills, Doc was finding a nickel. (Coins #9) As I was leaving the store I spotted a bright, shiny penny behind a wire display. (Coin #10) I ran back in to show it to the two ladies. I told them the PennyFinding story and gave them each a Penny Card. They smiled. Joy Shared.

Total: 10 Coins P (8), N (1), D (0), Q (1) = $0.38

Lesson: The rewards for helping others are sweet.

No comments: