Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day #466 - Eager to Learn

Today Doc and I each had our first lecture classes of the new term. It’s always exciting to see the eagerness of the new students -- at least that’s how I want to interpret the looks on their faces. (Other people might read those expressions differently).

Doc and I are using the same classroom this term. I am sure most of the new students do not know that we are married. As he left the room he advised MY students, “You gotta know ahead of time - she’s a really tough instructor. You have now been warned”! It’s such fun to be able to work/dance/joust with your spouse.

***************

New House Stuff:

This morning Doc and I had our weekly meeting with the architect. Our one hour dedicated to the new house each week. We went over a few very minor details on windows, the bathroom area in the garage, treatment of eaves, etc. Then she gave us the first electrical plan. She said the outlets and switches are the default ones generated by the computer program. A 5-second glance was enough to know there is Much Editing to be done there. As Doc would say, I go overboard on lighting and outlets! I’m sure the number will double after I review the plans this weekend. I am eager to learn and tackle that next hurdle…

***************

Penny Finding Tale:

Doc and I realized we would be very busy once we arrived at school, so after meeting with the architect, Doc headed for a fast food place. Besides, after leaving her office we are always motivated as well as hungry! I hopped out of the car near the Del Taco to look for coins. Too many cars in the drive through area, but I managed to collect one penny in the exit lane.

Meanwhile Doc had driven next door to the Carl’s Jr. Once he places his order at the speaker kiosk, he ‘blocks’ for me so I can safely and slowly search the pay window area. It is quite a silly “dance” between us. I collected a penny there, he collected a burrito.

The Penny Angels delivered their two cents worth for today. Then we were off to work and to classes.

Total for today: 2 Pennies

Thought: Are you Eager to Learn and complete your activities each day?

No comments: