Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day #463 - Family Celebrations

Today was our family Easter celebration and my Father’s birthday, so we watched the kids hunt for plastic Easter eggs and then, of course, we all ate way too much.

It was mid-afternoon when we left my father’s house and we had not coins yet for the day, so we decided to Penny Hunt. We stopped at a nearby shopping center. I walked the Taco Bell drive through lane and collected a penny. At the grocery store I found a penny in a check out lane and Doc retrieved a nickel from under a table displaying cookies (Coins #1-3). Doc then spotted a dime under the coin counting machine, but it was firmly entombed in the thick floor sealer. There was another penny behind the machine which we also could not retrieve (2 foregones).

This is supposed to be Spring Break week so Doc and I made a break - for our cabin. It had been six months since we had visited there, so we decided to check on the place. We noticed the Starbucks at the base of the mountain had no one in line at the drive up window. Penny Fever hit. We pulled over. I collected one dime and one penny. Doc spotted a penny in a parking spot and pointed to it. I could not see it even when shown. He retrieved it. Then I collected a nickel in front of the liquor store. Nickels are the rarest coin to find. (Coins #4-7).

We stopped at the grocery store for some bread, meat and cheese for dinner. As we approached the doorway, Doc mentioned that I was passing right over a penny. I had not even seen it. (Coin #8). I kept saying: quarter, quarter, quarter ….. in order to “Hit for the Cycle”.

We finally made it up to the cabin. We had dinner, played two games of Sudoku, and went to bed early! Such a wild Saturday night!

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (2), D (1), Q (0) = $0.25 my favorite number

No comments: