Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day #452 - Peruvian Centimo

It’s 10 p.m. on Tuesday night. I’m staring at a blank computer screen and wondering what to write today. I just want to go to bed.

This morning we met with the architect for the one weekly hour we have dedicated to the New House Project. It’s a small step, but it keeps things moving forward. You gotta have a dream…

***************

Doc stopped for coffee on the way to the architect. I went next door to the CVS Pharmacy to look for a bandage wrap for my arm - and, of course, today’s coin. There was an older cashier gentleman who was dutifully whisk-brooming the floors. Nice job, but not good grounds for penny hunting. I was nudged, “Don’t always look on the floor for the coins.” So I looked in the rows of candies and other things below the counter. There was something small and silver. I thought, perhaps it was a play coin. It was a 2009 Peruvian 1¢ coin! Neat.

***************

I put in a full day at work and we were headed home. Doc said, “You realize that one foreign coin is just not sufficient for today’s find…” I was in a hurry to get home so I could change clothes and get to a 7 p.m. workshop. I replied to him (edited version here). “The heck it isn’t! That Peruvian Penny was a legitimate find!”

***************

6:00 p.m. We were almost home when Doc pulled up to the convenience store and said “Fetch!” I quickly retrieved a dime while Doc went next door and retrieved a burrito. I was holding the dime up for him to see across the parking lot. The cashier inside the store witnessed my find and gave me a thumbs up! (I had visited that store and the cashier knew the Penny Finding Story). She motioned for me to come inside. She said, “Tell my mom (who was standing there) about your Penny Pendant and your story …” I told her and as I did, a Penny appeared on the floor next to us! Manifestation, Validation, Mushroom Coin. (Coin #3)

***************

10:30 p.m. Doc just came home and gave me his coin finds for today. Rats! I thought I was done writing.

12:15 a.m. Three different incoming phone calls for the past 1.5 hours. Now back to Penny Tales.

Doc found three pennies (Coins #4-6) at the grocery store this evening when he stopped for coffee before going back to school. Then he walked through the high school parking lot to get more steps on his pedometer. Nice to have the extra hour of daylight. He found 4 pennies and a nickel! (Coins #7-11).

Total: 11 Coins P (8), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.23 U.S. + 1¢ Peruvian

No comments: