Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day #688 - Gourmet Dining

Doc has challenged me to write Penny Tales while he is making dinner. It only takes 3-4 minutes to Nuke a hot dog, throw it on a piece of bread, and drown it in Ketchup, so this is a quick Tale tonight.

This afternoon Doc and I set out for the usual Sunday routine: home improvement store, grocery stores, and misc. errands. First stop was Starbucks where I found one dirt-encrusted penny in the planter (Coin #1). As we were driving to our next stop, Doc spotted a penny in the median on a white painted line. (Coin #2). We collected the next penny at the entrance door to WalMart (Coin #3). At Trader Joe’s I stopped to hand Doc something and there was a penny on the ground between us! I didn’t see it, but he sure did. (Coin #4). At Sprouts we went in to look for a cooked turkey breast but there were none. Just a dime as we were leaving (Coin #5). At the 99¢ store there were pennies in three different locations. (Coins #6-8). The car wash next to the 99¢ store was closed due to the rain, but I managed to find a penny under one of the waiting area benches. (Coin #9).

Doc is calling - our gourmet dinner is ready. And dessert will be cereal and milk!

Total: 9 Coins P (8), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nuke a hot dog for 3-4 minutes and the inside of your microwave is covered in ... well, I'd rather not go into that.