Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, November 8, 2010

Day #689 - Gearing Up

This morning I took Pippy in for service. This third mechanic also performed a “free multi-point visual inspection”. Always good to get a few opinions (and price quotes). By early afternoon the mechanic called with his list of suggested maintenance items.

Pippy is getting new brakes and rotors, valve cover gasket replaced, new belts, new cooling hoses, air filter, etc. The mechanic asked if Pippy would be hauling any loads? Doc thinks he may want us to install the garden wall to save $1,000 or $2,000 versus having someone else install it. That would mean 12.5 pallets of blocks at 3300 lbs. each! That is 41,250 lbs.!

So I’m getting Pippy Geared Up to carry the loads. Wonder how I will get Doc Geared Up to haul his part?

After dropping Pippy at the service station, Doc visited the Starbucks at the grocery store across the street. I collected one Chuck E Cheese's token. Doc collected a nickel outside at the bottled water vending machine. (Coin #1)

Out next stop was an auto shop where we enquired about cooling system work for the 1938 Chevy. There was a 150-lb. Irish Wolfhound who greeted us at the door while the owner had gone next door. There was also a penny on a table. It was so tempting …. I did ask if I could take the penny and was told “Yes”. I traded it for a Penny Card.

Next we stopped at another grocery store so Doc could get some sausages for his lunch. I collected a penny and two dimes (Coins #2-4).

***************

New House Progress:

This afternoon we met with a contractor who gave us a bid for septic system, undergrounding of utilities, and rough grading. Turns out he is the son of someone we worked with at CPP for many years. It’s a Small World After All.

Total: 4 Coins P (1), N (1), D (2), Q (0) = $0.26 + one CEC token

No comments: