Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, November 12, 2010

Day #693 - On Hold

The morning was spent with flood mitigations services, insurance agents, etc.

In the afternoon we headed over to the townhouse. Doc had to stop at Starbucks. I found a coin at the grocery store next door. (Coin #1)

The asbestos testing service took samples of the drywall, paint and flooring. Because the condo was built prior to 1978 we can not take further action on mitigation until things have been tested. That means we can not get air blowers going to dry out the walls. We are now awaiting the “biopsy” results. Jumping whenever the phone rings.

The insurance claims agent said we can not take much action until an adjustor has assessed damages. They are way behind and his guy is on jury duty, so he has us scheduled for after Thanksgiving!

***************

Doc said we needed something better than McDonalds for dinner tonight. So he brought home El Pollo Loco chicken - plus a dime and penny from the drive through window. (Coins #2&3)

***************

Here is a nice story for today:

When driving home from the townhouse I was fairly discouraged. I told Doc I needed a “perk up” of some sort. A bright spot in my evening. Going out for dinner or going out to a movie where it would be crowded on a Friday night, was just not appealing. I could not think of anything to do for an “attitude adjustment”.

I was organizing my notes for this case and figuring out what to do next. The front doorbell rang. I grumbled. I didn’t want to deal with any salesmen or fundraisers tonight. It was my friend Mandy! She was “nudged” to write me a card and bring me cheery flowers! Then she shared some of the things which she had going on this week. I will shut up and count my blessing. OK Penny Angels -- you delivered a Bright Spot and an Attitude Adjustment. Wow!

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: