Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day #704 - Short Stops

Note from Penny Pal CL:

Limitless gifts every day to be thankful for. I am afraid if I counted while driving I might never get to my destination!

***************

Lots of things happening today. A deposit made on the structural trusses, final plans and payment on Landscaping Designs, a set of plans mailed off for a lumber quote, review of grading plans, etc. etc.

***************

In the late afternoon I went to the post office to mail a set of plans. No coins there, so went to the grocery store. The parking lot and store were filled with cars and people. Every check out line was open and had several customers with filled baskets. I walked in a few feet, spotted a penny, retrieved it and left! Short Stop! (Coin #1)

***************

I was satisfied, but I knew Doc would give me grief for only finding ONE coin. So I made a Short Stop at a 7-11 on the way back home. I carefully searched the entire lot (it wasn’t that big), in order to avoid going inside. No coins found. There were no customers when I arrived, but as I entered, quite a number of other people arrived. I spotted a penny under the counter, but to retrieve it my nose would have been on the shoes of the people standing there. So I waited. Eventually all the customers left and the two cashiers asked what I needed? I replied, “The coin under the counter for tonight’s story.” That, of course, needed further explanation.

I told the two cashiers about Penny Finding, then bent down and retrieved the penny, and another and two dimes! (Coins #2-5). I promised them each a Penny Card and went out to Pippy (my truck) to get those. I looked for coins as I went to the car and again as I went back to the store. I gave each cashier a Penny Card and exited the store. There was a nickel in front of me! (Coin #6). How many times has that happened where I SHARE the Penny Finding story and then the Angels send a coin to corroborate the insanity? I went back into the store and showed the cashiers the nickel. Shared Smiles.

I again left and went to my truck. Now there was a dime behind my truck! (Coin #7). I ran back into the store to share THAT find too! Crazy, but fun.

***************

Doc arrived home at 10 PM - and handed me HIS coins. As he was leaving his lecture room approximately 7 PM, he glanced back - and spotted a penny! (Doc Coin #1) Then as he passed by the vending machines on his way back to his office, he collected three more pennies. (Doc Coins #2-4)

Total: 11 Coins P (7), N (1), D (3), Q (0) = $0.42

No comments: