Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, November 29, 2010

Day #708 - Recovery Mode

Today we were in recovery mode. We slept in late, moved furniture, went for coffee with son Brian (who was too ill to join us for dinner last night) and his fiancee, washed floors, checked up on the townhouse, took a nap, went for a foot and back massage, did some grocery shopping and then, of course, ate turkey leftovers!

After meeting son Brian for coffee, I went into the grocery store to obtain today’s coin. I figured that was the only time I was going to be out of the house, so I’d better find a coin at that stop. One dime there. (Coin #1).

***************

This evening after our Chinese foot massage, Doc insisted upon stopping at the bank and grocery store. He found two dimes and a penny in the parking lot. (Coins #2-4). I spotted a dime as we walked in, then retrieved an additional dime and three pennies at check out. (Coins #5-9).

Doc wanted creamer and I wanted some vinegar at another grocery store. No creamer there and no coins either! So next we went to Trader Joe’s. No coins initially. Then as Doc was paying for our items, I spotted a penny under the metal leg of some shelving. I picked it up and there was a second penny below it! Double stack. (Coins #10&11). We told the cashier about Penny Tales and that he was witnessing the Day #708 Find. We started to walk away when I found a nickel! Of course I turned back to share the find with the cashier. Shared smiles. (Coin #12).

As we left the store Doc seemed to be looking for coins. I told him, “Remember - you CAN’T find coins in the dark”. (It’s kind of a joke we have). He then found three pennies before we reached the van. (Coins #13-15).

Total: 15 Coins P (9), N (1), D (5), Q (0) = $0.64

No comments: