Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day #867 - Found: Flooring

Yesterday’s Penny Tale was about being prepared. Is the purchase of flooring 6-7 months ahead of time being adequately prepared?

For months I have been working on the floor covering decisions for the new house. The flooring influences the cabinets and so many other things. It has been a real challenge to find flooring which meets the required specs: Doc wants a certain color, I want a certain look. Doc wants it for under a certain price, I want it not to look that cheap.

Last week I had 20 minutes while I was waiting for a job to be completed at one business. I was “nudged” to wander down the street to a flooring store. After months of searching, I found just the laminate floor color and type I was seeking! And the price was in our range of under $2/sqft. Thank You Angels. I tried to order a color sample on-line. Turns out that particular color was discontinued last year. Rats!

This morning I went on-line to search for the desired flooring. I located 29 boxes at one place. But I need 35. So I kept searching … 13 more found. Yipee! This afternoon I went back to the flooring store to borrow the sample board and bring it home. I want to see how the color and texture look with our furniture and other samples. Looks good! I will place the order in the morning.

Lesson #1: Don’t give up too easily. One “NO” or Shut Door can usually be overcome.

***************

Stopped at Home Depot on the way to the jobsite. Spent 1.5 hours there ‘researching’ various items. Yes, I searched the check-out area several times for coins. After paying for my merchandise I turned back one last time to look for coins. A cashier, Julieta asked if she could help me with anything? I thought, “I am going to be really bold with her and just ask.” So I said, “Yes, I need to find today’s Penny. I haven’t found any yet and it is Day #867”. Julieta’s reply: “Earlier today I saw a shiny penny behind those plastic bags over there and was surprised by it. Take a look if it is still there”. I did; it was. Shared JOY at that discovery!

Lesson #2: Include other people in your endeavors. Instead of seeing it as bothering them or intruding, realize that it can be an opportunity for Shared JOY.

Total: 1 Penny

No comments: