Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day #877 - Domesticated?

Did not see much of Doc today. He left early to help son, Brian install a sliding glass door. He was supposed to be home by 1 PM, but returned at 3:30. He changed clothes and then headed to school to prepare for the coming week. Meanwhile I spent much of the day trying to locate alumni for the 20th Year Solar Car Team Reunion which I am organizing.

When Doc finally arrived home after 8 PM he stood in the kitchen with a look of bewilderment! “What did you do with my wife? Where is she? This looks like something from the book/movie Stepford Wives”. It took me a few moments to look around and understand what he was saying. The sewing machine was on the table and I was mending his pants. The ironing board was out and his shirts were hanging. The clothes washer and dryer were going. The vacuum cleaner had just been used. The dishes were done, the dogs were fed, and there was a plate on the table for his dinner. Not what he is accustomed to seeing.

***************

Doc quickly ate his sandwich and we headed out for our weekly grocery shopping. Doc had found a quarter at his breakfast McDonalds stop. (Coin #1). As we were checking out at the first grocery store, the cashier asked if we had found everything we were looking for. I bent over to retrieve a dime, showed it to her and said, “Now I have”. Gave her a Penny Card and told her the story. Shared smiles. Then before we left the store, Doc spotted a penny and we shared the Find with a second cashier. (Coins #2&3).

As we approached the next grocery store, I said, “Let’s get a Nickel here”. There was a filtered water vending machine near the door, so I checked the coin return. Nothing there. I said, “Doc, you are the expert on silver coins, YOU find the nickel.” He took a step back and said, “Look under the machine for it”. His nickel was there! (Coin #4).

That made a Hit for the Cycle in just four coins! What is the probability of that?

Inside the store I collected two dimes and a penny before we began shopping, a dime and two pennies as we were checking out, and a penny in the lot as I was returning the shopping cart. (Coins #5-11).

Total: 11 Coins P (5), N (1), D (4), Q (1) = $0.75

1 comment:

JR said...

You checking coin returns? Where *is* the Real Tina?

As for hitting the cycle in just four coins- been there, done that, in reverse order.