Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, May 13, 2011

Day #875 - Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th turned out to be a really great day.

Yesterday I wrote to you: “More follow through needed tomorrow. Need Angelic assistance on that call”. This morning I had my “case” prepared and my notes written. Doc said I was expecting way too much and should be prepared for the worst case scenario. I should be willing to accept that. I said a prayer and made the call. Doc was on the other phone for support. The call went nothing like we expected. Within the first few moments, the company owner made a surprising comment. Doc and I just gave each other that ‘Knowing Look’. “Uhh Ohh, How the heck can we respond politely and firmly to that comment? Now what?” I responded with humor. The next 15 minutes were nothing short of “inspirational”! At the end, Doc sat there with a blank stare and I was filled with joy-tears. We would have never imagined such an overwhelmingly positive experience. My heart was dancing!

After that super charge, Doc and I headed out to the job site. Stopped at a 7-11 to look for coins. Found a penny in the parking lot. Bought another banana in order to claim the one penny under the counter.

At the jobsite we found Miguel and Serafin building the forms for the three front columns. That was a nice surprise.

Back at home Doc graded papers, I worked on airplane flights for Truss Greg’s site visit next week and a few other tasks.

Then we headed to Temecula for the Annual Michelle’s Place Spring Fling. Michelle was a friend of ours who died of breast cancer at the age of 26. Her family used their grief as fuel to establish an amazing network of resources to help other women and their families deal with breast cancer.

Photo with Fil and Teresa who are former students. Teresa thankfully is a breast cancer survivor.

Where do you channel your passion?

Total: 2 Pennies

No comments: