Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, May 9, 2011

Day #871 - Cliffhanger

This morning I made numerous calls and ran errands. On the way to the jobsite I realized I would be busy the rest of the day, so I’d better get today’s coin at that time. I pulled over to stop at a 7-11 store. Searched the parking lot first, but found zero coins, so then went inside. Immediately spotted a shiny penny. Felt guilty grabbing it and leaving, so I bought a banana.

As I exited the store I said, “Penny Angels you are fun, but definitely not business-minded. I just spent 69¢ to claim one penny. That is not a good return on investment.” As I said that, there was a penny just in front of me! I replied, “Cute. That doubles the return. Still not much!” There was then a penny next to the door of my truck! I know I looked there when I parked. (Mushroom coin). I asked the angels “any others?” I was nudged to walk around my truck. There was a fourth penny by the right rear tire!

******************************

Coincidence? Yesterday at WalMart I was ‘nudged’ to get a swimsuit (in addition to the pants). I have not worn a swimsuit in 5 or 6 years! Doc asked what it was for? My reply: “I have no idea! Just in case we need to pack one for an unexpected trip”. Today Doc and I were given a Gift Certificate for a 1-night stay at a mineral hot spring resort! And it must be used within the next 30 days. Is that too weird?

Today Craig dug the trench for the dry utility lines. The boulders he removed were amazing. He discovered that the existing electrical line from the Edison box to the property edge is totally filled with mud. He will use a compressor to blow the ‘Stuff’ out of it.


I desperately needed to use the potty while I was on site. Notice that the potty door now sits on the edge of a 4 ft. cliff! Thankfully there was no one around to witness the acrobatic maneuvers for that. Doc asked if I tried rocking the unit before entering it. Yes, actually I did - and then prayed it would remain stable as I leapt into it.

***************

This afternoon I had my monthly physical therapy session. The therapist said, “this is the best session you have ever had. This Leave of Absence from work is good for you”. Good to hear since I have requested and been granted a second year.

The Angels were having all sorts of fun today.

Total: 4 Pennies

No comments: