Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day #870 - Mother's Day

We met son Brian at 7:45 AM for coffee, tea, cards and flowers. Then Doc offered to take me shopping for Mother’s Day - at WalMart. (Only because he wanted to go there for other things).

When we arrived at WalMart, Doc insisted that we search the dirt around the picnic tables. We did, but found no coins. As we approached the store entrance, I found a dime! Yippee! Done for the day. Also found a penny inside. (Coins #1&2)

Doc generously allotted me $10 for my shopping spree. (So much for my generous Sugar Daddy). I bought a pair of pants to replace the ones I ruined yesterday when I crawled under the house. I splurged and spent $11 on them + tax! But these were Brand NEW. (I buy many of my clothes at second-hand stores). We continued the wild shopping spree with household cleaners and such.

As we were leaving, I again searched the dirt around the picnic tables for that penny which Doc “centsed”; I found it. (Coin #3).

***************

As we were driving home, it was still early and the In-N-Out Burger stand had not yet opened. Found 8 pennies there! (Coins #4-11)

Doc stopped at the grocery store for one item and collected a nickel and a 1945 Wheat Penny. (1945 is Doc’s birth year). (Coins #12&13)

***************

The rest of the day flew quickly. We worked on a report for a friend, reference letter for a colleague, mid term exams, special projects, upcoming events, tour coordination, family matters, rental issues, new house stuff, laundry, dishes, yard things, class preparations and more. Lots happening. Trying to catch up from last week because this next one will be a full one!

Total: 13 Coins P (11), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.26

No comments: