Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day #881 - Quality Work

The insulation installation was delayed until tomorrow, so inspection and floor sheathing were also put off. Thus, I thought today would be a quiet day. Wrong! I feel really blessed to have such a great team working on the Penny Palace.

There were numerous calls and emails this morning. Responses on flooring quotes, plumbing fixtures, Truss Greg’s arrival in the morning, and more. Doc, of course, went off to work to avoid all the chaos. At 10 AM I finally headed out to the jobsite.

***************

Noticed no cars were at the Carl’s Jr. window around the corner. Quick stop. I knew once I got to the jobsite and then with Mom in the afternoon, I would not even think about coin finding. The drive through area had just been washed; however I found a drowned dime there. (Coin #1)

***************

I was surprised when I reached the jobsite to see the gate was open and there were vehicles up and down the street! Grader Craig had equipment out and was scraping the front yard, then bringing in truckloads of dirt. Danny and framing crew were there. They were starting on the garage walls! (Don’t need insulation under that floor). Then the truckload of lumber arrived. It was the Major load. Wow. Daryl was on site and we were told that Inspector Mike and been there in the morning. Lots of activity.

This afternoon I took Mom to appointment #3 for her dental work. It was late in the afternoon and the waiting room was filled. I was anticipating a very long wait. Her appointment was for 3 PM. She was seated immediately, by 3:01 the temporary cap was removed, and by 3:10 the dentist arrived to finalize the deal. The new crown was slightly lighter in color than her other teeth. I told her to drink coffee using that tooth or maybe acid wash her other teeth. She was willing to accept the crown (after all, what can you expect when you go to a discount clinic)? Dr. Shakespeare would not accept that. He said, “If it has my name associated with it, I want quality work. The crown goes back to the lab!” It is really nice to deal with people who take pride in their work.

On the way home, Mom and I stopped at the construction site just to take a photo for you, the Penny Pals. That way you could see the first walls in place. (See photo).

***************

At 9 PM on his way home from school, Doc stopped at McDonalds for a burger and 9 pennies!

So who wins? 9 coins vs. 1 coin, but 10¢ vs. 9¢

Total: 10 Coins P (9), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

1 comment:

JR said...

Hit for the cycle in one stop at BS Center. Do I really get another whole year of reduced competition?.