Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day #464 - Too Hot


This morning our first stop was to get the landscaping drawing duplicated. I left Doc with the air conditioner running in the van while I went inside the copy shop. Doc spotted something … he ventured out of the cool car. It was merely some litter. But then he spotted a chopped-off 2/3 penny! The “In God We Trust” was still 100% there and so was the “One Cent” on the reverse.

Thought: This penny still has FULL VALUE even with a significant amputation.

We worked at school from Noon until 3 PM. I was working hard and told myself at 2:45 I would walk down to the vending machines and go Penny Finding as my “reward” for getting the work done. Just as I walked out my door, Doc arrived. He held out his hand and showed me two pennies. (Coins #2&3) “I just collected these from in front of the vending machines as I was walking over here”. Darn that man! He beat me to them.

I went for my walk anyhow. I found two additional pennies under the vending machines. I’ll show that man! (Coins #4&5).

The temperature was 108F and neither one of us was eager to go work at the rental house, but we did. On the way, Doc stopped at Der Wienerschnitzel for “hot” dogs where I collected two pennies and one quarter. (Coins #6-8). The afternoon was spent doing renovations in a “hot house”.

Tonight Doc plans to camp out in our living room since our bedroom is just “too hot” for him to tolerate. (In other words, we don’t have any air conditioning upstairs).

Tomorrow temperatures are expected to be cooler … from 108F down to 107.

Total: 8 Coins P (7), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.32

No comments: