Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, August 16, 2010

Day #605 - Delayed Find

This morning Doc and Sparky went for coffee. They obtained the quarter we wanted yesterday. as well as two dimes. (Coins #1-3)

Yesterday I kept saying, “”Quarter, quarter, quarter.” I forgot to request that we find it before midnight. Penny Angels don’t seem to use human timetables.

I spent my morning with calls on the new house, filling out rebate forms, putting away receipts, and misc. tasks.

This afternoon was spent with my mom at the dental clinic. We emerged after several hours. Mom survived the ordeal, so as a reward, we stopped for 10 minutes at the local Goodwill store before getting on the freeway. I found a penny there (Coin #4) in between two ladies in line to pay for their items. I could have waited and silently collected the penny, but that is not nearly as much fun. So I boldly said, “Excuse me, I’d like to retrieve that Penny for tonight’s Penny Tale”. Of course that led to an explanation and giving them each a Penny Card.

Mom and I stopped to get her something to eat since she was having reactions to her treatment. She slept the rest of the way home.

I dropped mom off, then headed to Lowe’s , WalMart (dime found there), another Goodwill store (found a nice lamp needing only minor repair work), and the 99¢ store (found a penny). Came home by 8 PM ready for a nap!

Doc had been at the condo doing electrical work. On the way home he stopped to check his post office box where he found a quarter (Coin #7) and then a dime (Coin #8) at the hardware store where he stopped for a screw.

Total: 8 Coins P (2), N (0), D (4), Q (2) = $0.92

Doc got a “full house” today. All silvers - 2 quarters and 3 dimes

No comments: