Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day #610 - Filtered

Doc stopped for his caffeine fix this morning. He tossed me out of the van at the grocery store and instructed me to find a coin while he got his coffee. So I found one penny just to obey him. (Coin #1)

Doc and I spent a few hours working at the rental condo. Mom was there working in the back yard today. She found a penny in the little planter. (Indirect Find). That is 3 days of Findings for her. This just might convince her to BELIEVE!

When Doc and I left the condo at 1:30 PM we stopped at a Hawaiian BBQ place to pick up lunch. Doc was frustrated because he did not have a coin yet today, so he walked the parking lot and searched the nearby grocery store. He claimed a dime (Coin #2).

***************

This evening we attended a really fun Celebration. It was for a 10th Wedding Anniversary of a couple which Doc and I had helped “matchmake”. And they are still glad about it! It was a special gathering and they were surrounded by family and friends. Lots of love. At one point Kathy said, “Follow me”. So I did. She took me to the kitchen and poured a tray of coins in my hand. Those were her Finds from the past few months. 17 Pennies and 1 Dime. Gifts of love toward the Arbor of Love. That also gave me the perfect opportunity to share the Penny Finding story with several guests and give them Penny Cards.

Total: 2 Coins P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.11 + Indirect P (18), D (1)

***************

I was proofreading the Tale for today and thought, “That sounds like such a nice day”. What the readers do not see is the sunburn from working in the yard, my hands full of boysenberry thorns, the leaves in my hair and scrapes from trimming the tree, and the blood which was oozing out of my punctured hand after the next door dog bit me this morning.

I get to edit and choose what you read. Hmmm… maybe today’s lesson is in there somehow? We can each choose what we “pass on” or share with other people. Our perception and then our portrayal of a given scenario can be quite different depending on our ‘filters’ and our intentions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not all boysenberry vines have thorns. If you encourage the ones that don't and prune the ones that do, you get a much more pleasant picking experience.