Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day #600 - Flushed

I guess I was hoping there would be fireworks or something special in recognition of consecutive Penny Finding Day #600. That’s quite a long series! Our big “celebration” turned out to be a toilet flush with Fred, the Plumber, when our new toilet was installed!

Doc and Sparky went for their morning Starbucks coffee. They collected a dime as they were departing. (Coin #1) Then Doc was “nudged” to stop at the self-serve car spa just to look for coins. He found a penny (Coin #2).

This morning I made calls and things at home before we headed out. Our plans were to work at the rental condo most of the day. Therefore Doc stopped at a shopping center so I could Penny Hunt. There was nothing in the 99¢ Store where I looked (but I bought a new reading book) and Doc emerged from the CVS Pharmacy saying there was nothing in that store either. However, there was a penny right in the doorway near where he was standing! I bent over to retrieve that coin as Doc said, “and there is another one behind you”. (Coins #3&4)

Thought: How can we be so blind to the obvious treasures around us?

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening engrossed in fix-it jobs at the rental house. Not exactly “marital strengthening” activities. The highlights of the day included the purring of the new stovetop vent and the flushing of the new toilet.

Thought: That’s actually a good ‘visualization’. When the ^%^%^^^ around you gets overwhelming, imagine going into the bathroom, depositing it, and “flushing” your cares away! (Humor also helps).


Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = 13¢

No comments: