Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, August 20, 2010

Day #609 - Doors Opening

I have been asked to move out of my Cal Poly Pomona office. For the past few weeks I have been tackling that task a few hours at a time. It is physically and emotionally draining, so 2-3 hour sessions is about my limit. Today Doc was a real angel and helped me break down and move out my shelving unit. I left the office in order to bring my truck around so we could load up. I would say I was “a bit moody”; Doc would probably define it as “grumpy and tough to work with”. As I exited the building, I was feeling a bit disheartened that this “door” of my life was closing. The automatic doors opened before me and as they did, there was a penny blatantly in my path! It was so obvious I was astonished. Doc and I had just entered through that door a short while earlier and the campus was deserted today. HOW could that penny be in that spot? It was almost shouting at me: “There are doors which will be opened for you. Have Faith”.

This afternoon Doc and I worked at the rental condo. Mom had been there most of the day working on the yards. Guess what? She found a penny and a nickel today in that same little planter! Keep in mind that nickels are the rarest coins to find, plus my mom is skeptical about this whole Penny Finding silly stuff.

This evening around 8 PM mom was getting hungry so I went to the grocery store and El Pollo loco to get her dinner. In both places I purposely kept my eyes upward. Same thing at the gas station on the way home. I stayed in the car while Doc pumped the gas so that I would not find any more coins today. That way tonight’s Penny Tale would be short!

Total: 1 Penny + 2 indirect finds

No comments: