Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day #593 - Vacation?

People keep asking how my “Vacation” is? Or “How’s Retirement”? I have taken a Leave of Absence from school to focus energy on other projects. It is a far cry from vacation.

***************

We had a full day planned, so of course Doc had to begin with a trip to Starbucks. He spotted a penny as we walked through the door, then I spotted one a few feet further under one of the tables. (Coins #1&2) Our 2¢ worth for the day.

The line at Starbucks was extremely long, so while Doc waited, I walked the parking lot. I was offering a SingSong to the Penny Angels and within a few minutes I found a penny (Coin #3).

***************

Next we stopped at the 99¢ store. There was a Penny in check-out line #4, so of course, we went to that one when we were paying. I retrieved the penny (Coin #4) and then told the cashier about Penny Finding and gave him a Penny Card. As we walked through the exit door we found a coin. (Coin #5) Once again, our story was ‘validated’ just after sharing with someone. I wanted to run back into the store to share the Find with Pedro. Doc did not want me too. To Doc, getting the coin is the objective. To me SHARING the coin is the important part. I ran back to share the Find with Pedro. He smiled.

***************

We worked at the Duarte rental townhouse until our 12:30 meeting. Spent 1.5 hours working with a Mortgage Funding Consultant for the New Deer Creek house. After that meeting we told the Penny Angels we needed to find more than pennies. Within a few minutes we did.

Doc had worked up an appetite, so as we left the townhouse, he detoured through a Carl’s Jr. I collected a penny and 2 quarters before Doc moved the van forward to the pick up window. As Doc reached for his burger, he collected an additional penny off the ground (Coins #6-9).

***************

We spent the next few hours at school. I was doing some necessary tasks which I absolutely did not want to do. After a few hours I needed a break. Went down to the vending machines to search. Found nothing. I said, “Look Penny Angels, I am trying to have a good attitude even though what I am doing is really hard for me. How about a coin in recognition of my effort? I turned around and there was a penny next to the trashcan!” Thank You Penny Angels.

I opened the door to peek in the student study room and see if any of my students were in there. No one I recognized, but a penny on the floor. So I went on inside and retrieved the penny with a loud, “It is Day #593 of Penny Finding”. There were a few curious looks, so I told the Penny Finding story. Shared Smiles.

Total: 11 Coins P (9), N (0), D (0), Q (2) = 59¢

No comments: