Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day #604 - Enough

Today it was back to school and the rental condo with full force. We were trying to make significant progress today, but each task seemed to have added complications. And the Penny Angels kept putting coins in our path as well.

Doc stopped at Starbucks drive through on the way to school. There was a long line, so I hopped out and walked over to the Chevron station. One really gooey penny at the air pump station. (Coin #1).

The McDonalds drive through window was very busy, but there was a slight pause between cars, so I swooped in for a penny and a dime. (Coins #2&3). Meanwhile Doc was collecting a nickel along with his coffee. (Coin #4).

We worked at Cal Poly until 12:15 PM. Stopped at Lowe’s for supplies. Did not find what we were seeking, but I did get a penny in the self-serve check out lane. (Coin #5)

Next, the van needed fuelling, so we stopped at the gas station. While Doc pumped the fuel, I searched the convenience store to find a penny (Coin #6) and share the experience with the cashier. Gave her a Penny Card.

We went to Home Depot, worked at the Condo, went to another Home Depot, worked some more. One task after another just seemed to be more complex than expected. I finally told Doc I was going home with or without him. I had had enough!

***************

This evening around 9:30 PM we went to the grocery store. I was so tired, I could barely walk in from the car. As I entered the store, there was a penny boldly in my path. My thoughts, “Not now Penny Angels, I do not want to play.” Enough already! Then I spotted another penny. Doc also found one in a nearby check-out lane as we were paying for our items. (Coins #7-9). The Penny Angels were not cooperating and I told them so!

As we were carrying the grocery bags to the van Doc said, “I think you just walked over a nickel”. I didn’t believe him. He walked back a few steps, then presented me with Coin #10. Those Penny Angles don’t understand Enough! They continue to “Bless” (play, torment).

Total: 10 Coins P (7), N (2), D (1), Q (0) = $0.27

No comments: