Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day #744 - Taking Action

Are you ready to take action in this new year? What is on your wish list or Action Item Plan for this month?

Doc and I spent the day reviewing house plans and editing the contracts of various subcontractors. We want to be ready to Take Action just as soon as the bank gives us that green light. At 3:30 Doc announced that he planned to watch football at 5:15 PM. We also needed dog food and we did not yet have a coin for today, thus it was necessary to take action and head for the stores.

At the first store we spotted a penny in our check-out line, then a penny next to a customer’s foot in a nearby line. Doc got impatient waiting for her to move, so he headed to the car. I waited for a while, then I, too, grew impatient. The lady looked really nice, so finally I smiled and flashed her a Penny Card. I said, “I’d like to collect that penny by your foot, but didn’t want you to think I was grabbing at your ankles!” I gave her the card with a quick explanation and we (along with the cashier) enjoyed a brief moment of silliness. Collected a total of 4 pennies at that store.

At the next store there was a spot out front which I thought to be a blob of some sort. Was going to ignore it, but then investigated it further. It was a shiny, new American Samoa quarter. Nice find. Inside the store was a penny.

Lesson: Sometimes what we perceive initially as a ‘yucky thing’ can actually be of value or quite beautiful once we explore it further.

Total: 6 Coins P (5), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $ 0.30

No comments: