Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day #772 - Rain Walkin'

This morning Doc insisted upon going out to breakfast. He enticed me by saying he was willing to do our weekly and monthly calendar review. Then he planned to get some steps on the pedometer and find coins while walking in the high school parking lot.

By the time we emerged from the restaurant it was sprinkling. I told Doc I was not going to walk in the rain. So he cruised the high school parking lot. He hopped out to collect the first penny. I hopped out to collect the next two and then just continued walking -- yes in the rain. It was too difficult to see coins from the car, although Doc collected three Sit-N-Finds. We found a total of six pennies, one nickel, and one dime. (Coins #1-8) Doc said, “We still need a quarter today”.

We came home to do some design work on the garden wall, laundry and misc. I actually spent 30 minutes doing some embroidery! Been years since I’d done any.

Mid afternoon Doc headed out for a coffee. He stopped at the 99¢ store and collected a penny and his quarter there! Hit for the Cycle. (Coins #9&10).

This evening as we shopped at the usual 3 grocery stores we collected 6 pennies, but no interesting stories with them. (Coins #11-16)

Total: 16 Coins P (13), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.53

No comments: