Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, January 10, 2011

Day #752 - Holding Pattern

I feel like an airplane on the runway and ready for takeoff. We have left the tarmack (the City has given its OK). Now we are just sitting here on the runway, waiting and waiting for the flight controller (Bank) to give us the “clear to take off” signal. The financial agent called today saying the bank should be doing their internal signatures tomorrow, then schedule us for signing next week.

I needed to burn some creative energy, so this afternoon I went to a cabinet shop which had been recommended to us. Very nice family who own the business and they live in Deer Creek about 10 houses from our new house! Anxious to see their prices on the layouts I sketched.

I had planned to attend a 6:30 workshop tonight, but at 5:30 Doc said, “If you stay home with me Honey, I’ll light you a fire - and we can work on taxes together!” Now what gal could resist that offer?

So as I drove home from the cabinet shop, I said, “Penny Angels, I’ll give you ONE stop on the way home, where should it be?” I spotted a 7-11 store just before getting on the freeway and was nudged to stop there. As I hopped out of the truck, there was a shiny shield penny. “OK Angles, Thanks! Can I go home now or should I go inside?” I opened the store door and there was a dime and a penny a few feet in front of me. Nice. I walked back to my truck and there was a shiny log-house penny in my path!

Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

****************

Here is a nice story from Daryl, our Project Manager / Contractor:

I just wanted to share with you … Yesterday I went to my new office to check something and when I arrived to the parking lot your loan officer called and was talking about your loan. When I exited the car I found the 1st penny and when I arrived up the stairs I found the 2nd one, all during my conversation about the Penny Palace with the loan agent. The playful Penny Angels were having a little fun with me.

Lesson: ANYONE can play with the Penny Angels

No comments: